Definitions of “Tomb”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• A house or vault, formed wholly or partly in the earth
• In the strictest sense, a home or house for the dead
• A pit in which the dead body of a human being is deposited
• A place where a body is buried, usually a building of some kind
• A monument erected to inclose the body and preserve the name and memory of the dead
• A tomb (from τύμβος tumbos) is a repository for the remains of the dead