Definitions of “Sunni”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Ninety percent of Muslims are Sunni
• Adherents of the majority branch of Islam, Sunnism
• Member of the larger of the two main sects of Islam
• One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam
• Sunni Islam one of the two main branches of orthodox Islam
• Also calleda member of one of the two great religious divisions of Islam
• The Sunni ('lawful') are a branch of orthodox Muslims so called because they accept as their rule of faith and law the Sunna and the Koran