Scapegoat (Crossword clue)
Definitions of “Scapegoat”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Someone who is punished for the errors of others
• A person or people blamed or punished for things done by others
• Hence, a person or thing that is made to bear blame for others
• Whipping boy someone punished for the errors of others
• A goat upon whose head were symbolically placed the sins of the people
• A person who is wrongly blamed for the fault(s) of another
• (`goat for Azazel`), in the Old Testament ritual of Yom Kippur (Lev
• (Noun) A scapegoat gets the blame for something, even though it may not be their fault
• Scapegoat derives from the common English translation of the Hebrew term azazel (Hebrew
• In the Hebrew Bible (Leviticus 16), a goat loaded with the sins of the people and then sent out into the wilderness as a way of removing those sins
More crossword answersWe found 4 answers for the crossword clue Scapegoat . A further 15 clues may be related. Are you looking for more answers, or do you have a question for other crossword enthusiasts? Use the “Crossword Q & A” community to ask for help.
If you haven't solved the
crossword clue Scapegoat yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know!
(Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g. “P.ZZ..” will find “PUZZLE”.)
Also look at the related clues for crossword clues with similar answers to “Scapegoat”