Definitions of “Pretentious”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Characterized by assumption of dignity or importance
• Intended to attract notice and impress others
• Full of pretension; disposed to lay claim to more than is one`s
• (Literary terms) creating an appearance of importance or distinction
• Pretentious Making claims, explicit or implicit, to some distinction, importance
• Making claim to or creating an appearance of (often undeserved) importance or distinction