Insinuation (Crossword clue)
We found 12 answers for “Insinuation” .This page shows answers to the clue Insinuation, followed by 8 definitions like “That which is insinuated”, “The act of gaining favor” and “Subtle or artful instillment into the mind”. Synonyms for Insinuation are for example allegation, allusion and hint. More synonyms can be found below the puzzle answers.
Definitions of “Insinuation”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Subtle or artful instillment into the mind
• Something insinuated, especially an artfully indirect
• An indirect or covert suggestion or hint, esp
• An indirect (and usually malicious) implication
• Something unpleasant artfully and indirectly suggested to another person
• Formerly used in a good sense, as of friendly influence or interposition
• Innuendo an indirect (and usually malicious) implication
• The act of hinting at something unpleasant or suggesting something indirectly and gradually
• Covert or artful suggestion or hinting, as of something implied: His methods of insinuation are most ingenious
Synonyms of “Insinuation”Using a synonym can be a good alternative for using “Insinuation”. You might be able to find more answers by using these:
allegation, allusion, hint, implication, inference, intimation, overtone and suggestion.
More crossword answersWe found 12 answers for the crossword clue Insinuation . A further 2 clues may be related. Are you looking for more answers, or do you have a question for other crossword enthusiasts? Use the “Crossword Q & A” community to ask for help.
If you haven't solved the
crossword clue Insinuation yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know!
(Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g. “A.LEGATI..” will find “ALLEGATION” and “A.LUSI..” will find “ALLUSION”)
Also look at the related clues for crossword clues with similar answers to “Insinuation”