Dirge (Crossword clue)
Definitions of “Dirge”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Song of lamentation for the dead
• A brief funeral hymn or song
• (Greek mythology) a funeral hymn
• A dirge is a somber song or lament expressing mourning or grief
• A song or hymn of mourning as a memorial to a dead person
• Any composition resembling such a song or tune in character
• A piece of music of a mournful character, to accompany funeral rites
• A funeral song or tune, or one expressing mourning in commemoration of the dead
• A song or hymn of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person
• A mournful sound resembling a dirge: The autumn wind sang the dirge of summer
Synonyms of “Dirge”Using a synonym can be a good alternative for using “Dirge”. You might be able to find more answers by using these:
More crossword answersWe found 7 answers for the crossword clue Dirge . A further 8 clues may be related. Are you looking for more answers, or do you have a question for other crossword enthusiasts? Use the “Crossword Q & A” community to ask for help.
If you haven't solved the
crossword clue Dirge yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know!
(Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g. “J.REMI..” will find “JEREMIAD”.)
Also look at the related clues for crossword clues with similar answers to “Dirge”