Definitions of “amphiarthrosis”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• A joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae
• (am;fe-ar-thro;sis) A slightly movable articulation in a functional classification of joints
• A form of articulation in which the bones are connected by intervening substance admitting slight motion
• (am″fe-ahr-thro´sis) a joint in which the surfaces are connected by disks of fibrocartilage
• A type of articulation between bony surfaces that permits limited motion and is connected by ligaments or elastic cartilage