Definitions of “amitosis”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• An unusual form of nuclear division, in which the nucleus simply constricts
• The direct method of cell division characterized by simple division of the nucleus without formation of chromosomes
• The direct method of cell division, characterized by simple cleavage of the nucleus without the formation of chromosomes
• Cell division in which there is first a simple cleavage of the nucleus without change in its structure (such as the formation of chromosomes)
• Direct division of the nucleus and cell, without the complicated changes in the nucleus that occur during the ordinary process of cell reproduction