Definitions of “aminopeptidase”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Enzyme that cleaves amino acid residues from a protein chain commencing at the N-terminal
• An aminopeptidase of broad specificity, but preferring n-terminal alanyl residues and discriminating against prolyl residues
• Aminopeptidases catalyze the cleavage of amino acids from the amino terminus of protein (N-terminus) or peptide substrates
• Any of several intestinal hydrolytic enzymes that remove an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free amino group
• Enzyme that catalyzes the breakdown of a peptide, removing the amino acyl residue at the amino end of the chain (an n-exopeptidase)
• An enzyme of broad specificity, containing zinc, and catalyzing the hydrolysis of the N-terminal amino acyl group of a peptide (an exopeptidase)