Definitions of “Ambiguity”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• This means 'more than one possible meaning'
• The use of language that is vague, or ambiguous
• An unclear, indefinite, or equivocal word, expression
• Unclearness by virtue of having more than one meaning
• An expression or statement that has more than one meaning
• When language in an agreement has more than one meaning
• Use of words that allow alternative interpretations. In factual
• (law) Ambiguity, in law, is of two kinds, patent and latent
• William Empson defined ambiguity as: 'any verbal nuance
• A phrase or statement which has more than one possible interpretation
A further 15 definitions can be found on Encyclo