Definitions of “Ambience”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• The typical atmosphere or mood of a place
• A particular environment or surrounding influence
• In audio / acoustic terminology, this is the reverberant quality of a room
• (sound recording) In filmmaking, ambience (also known as atmosphere
• The characteristic background noise and reverberation that is particular to a location
• The mix of background noise and other reflected sounds that make up a room's acoustic character
• The surrounding area or environment: 'The hand recorder picked up too many ambient noises
• The portion of the sound that comes from the surrounding environment rather than directly from the sound source
• The acoustic characteristics of a space with regard to reverberation. A room with a lot of reverb is said to be 'live'