Definitions of “Alternating”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• To occur in a successive manner: day alternating with night
• (electricity) of a current that reverses direction at regular intervals
• In electricity: to reverse directions at regular intervals in a circuit
• To act or proceed by turns: The students were alternating at the computers
• To pass back and forth from one state, action, or place to another: alternating between happiness and depression