Definitions of “Almshouse”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Privately funded lodgings for the poor, as opposed to the workhouse
• In the United States, a locally administered public institution for homeless
• House built and endowed for the support of those disabled from work by age or poverty
• (Cambridge, Massachusetts) The Almshouse is an historic almshouse located at 45 Matignon Road
• (Stoneham, Massachusetts) The Almshouse is a historic almshouse at 136 Elm Street in Stoneham