Definitions of “almagest”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• (l.c.) any of various medieval works of a like kind
• Book compiled by the Egyptian astronomer Ptolemy during the 2nd century
• Astronomical manual written about 150 by Ptolemy (Claudius Ptolemaeus of Alexandria)
• (journal) Almagest is a peer-reviewed academic journal that publishes contributions evaluating scientific developments
• The Almagest is a 2nd-century mathematical and astronomical treatise on the apparent motions of the stars and planetary paths
• Detail from Book X, Chapter 7, of a 13th century translation of the Almagest made from Arabic to Latin in Spain in 1175 by Gerard of Cremona
• The celebrated work of Ptolemy of Alexandria, which contains nearly all that is known of the astronomical observations and theories of the ancients