Definitions of “allophone”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Any of the members of a class of speech sounds that
• An immigrant in Quebec who speaks neither English number
• One of the phonetically distinct variants of a phoneme (q
• (Quebec) In Quebec, an allophone is a resident, usually an immigrant
• (linguistics) any of various acoustically different forms of the same phoneme
• One of the slightly differing forms that the same single speech sound (phoneme) can take
• Allophones are alternative pronunciations of phonemes in a particular language that never affect the meaning