Definitions of “Alkyne”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• A hydrocarbon with one or more triple bonds
• A compound that consists of only carbon and hydrogen
• (al´kīn) an aliphatic hydrocarbon containing a triple bond
• Member of the group of hydrocarbons with the general formula CnH2n -2
• An organic molecule containing carbon and hydrogen atoms in straight or branched chains
• An unsaturated aliphatic hydrocarbon characterised by the presence of a triple (C=C) bond
• In organic chemistry, an alkyne is an unsaturated hydrocarbon which has at least one carbon—carbon triple bond between two carbon atoms