Definitions of “Alizarin”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• A coloring principle, C14H6O2(OH)2, found in madder
• A red dye originally obtained from the root of the common madder plant
• A solid appearing reddish-orange as crystals and brownish-yellow as powder
• An orange-red crystalline compound used in making red pigments and in dyeing
• Alizarine an orange-red crystalline compound used in making red pigments and in dyeing
• A red dye that occurs in the root of madder (Rubia tinctorum and other Rubiaceae) in glucose combination (ruberythric acid) as orange needles