Definitions of “alginate”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• An irreversible hydrocolloid consisting of salts of alginic acid
• An impression material used by dentists for making stone models
• Component of the cell walls of many rhodophytes and kelps
• Salts of alginic acids, occurring in the cell walls of some algae
• An acid obtained from seaweeds containing sodium salt and used as a thickening agent for foods
• Alginates are the salts of alginic acids that are made from certain browns seaweed and have long been used in the food and beverage industry