Definitions of “airglow”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Diffuse radiation, extending from the near infrared to the far ultraviolet
• The faint background glow in the night sky caused by gas in the ionosphere
• Airglow (also called nightglow) is the very weak emission of light by a planetary atmosphere
• The natural glow of the night sky due to reactions that take place in the Earth's upper atmosphere
• A dim light from the upper atmosphere caused by emissions from atoms and molecules ionized by solar radiation