Definitions of “Aestheticism”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Doctrine that beauty is central to other moral principles
• The belief in beauty as the basic standard of value in human life
• The acceptance of artistic beauty and taste as a fundamental standard
• An exaggerated devotion to art, music, or poetry, with indifference to practical matters
• In the arts, the doctrine that holds art is an end in itself and does not need to have any moral, religious
• Late 19th-century European arts movement which centred on the doctrine that art exists for the sake of its beauty alone
• Another name for the Aesthetic movement, a loosely defined movement in art and literature in later nineteenth century Britain