Definitions of “aerostat”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Any lighter-than air craft
• A lighter-than-air craft, such as a balloon or airship
• A passive balloon; a balloon without motive power
• Any lighter-than-air aircraft, as a balloon or dirigible
• Any of a proposed system of satellites for use in air traffic control and maritime navigation
• A generic terms for aircraft which derive their lift chiefly from buoyancy in the air: lighter than air craft
• A dirigible, balloon, or other aircraft that is lifted and sustained by virtue of one or more containers filled with a gas lighter than air