Definitions of “aerophagia”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• The abnormal spasmodic swallowing of air
• The word phage in Greek means to eat
• Swallowing of air, sometimes due to nervousness or anxiety
• Aerophagia (var. aerophagy) is a condition of excessive air swallowing
• Swallowing air (usually followed by belching and discomfort and flatulence)
• Aerophagia: Swallowing too much air, a common cause of gas in the stomach and belching
• An abnormal swallowing of air as seen in crib biting (so called cribbing) and wind sucking in horses