Definitions of “aerogel”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• A gel formed by the dispersion of air in a solidified matrix
• Aerogel is a synthetic porous ultralight material derived from a gel
• Light, transparent, highly porous material composed of more than 90% air
• The lightest solid material known, with a density only three times that of air
• A highly porous solid formed by replacement of liquid in a gel with a gas so that there is little shrinkage