Definitions of “aerenchyma”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Aerenchyma refers to spaces or air channels in the leaves
• A tissue of thin-walled cells with large, air-filled intercellular spaces
• Form of parenchyma with large air spaces that gives buoyancy to aquatic plants
• In plants, tissue incorporating large, gas-filled spaces interspersed with the cells in a characteristic pattern
• Aerenchyma A spongy tissue with large air spaces found between the cells of the stems and leaves of aquatic plants
• A tissue in certain aquatic plants, consisting of thin-walled cells and large intercellular spaces adapted for internal circulation of air