Definitions of “Adytum”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• The innermost and sacred chamber in a temple
• An adytum was the inner most part of a Greek temple
• The adytum was the innermost, and most sacred room
• The innermost sanctuary or shrine in ancient temples
• The most sacred or reserved part of any place of worship
• The sanctum in certain ancient temples which was open only to priests
• (in ancient worship) a sacred place that the public was forbidden to enter