Definitions of “actinomycetes”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Gram-positive bacteria that can form branching filaments
• A group of microorganisms apparently intermediate between bacteria and fungi
• Group of filamentous microorganisms that are intermediate between bacteria and fungi
• The Actinomycetes are a group of Gram-positive mostly anaerobic non-motile bacteria
• (literally 'ray fungi') filamentous bacteria that have sometimes been classified as Fungi Imperfecti
• Actinomycetes: A group of gram-positive bacteria (order Actinomycetales) that produce various bioactive agents including antibiotics