Definitions of “acroterion”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Pedestal or ornament at the angle of a pediment
• Acroterion (pl. acroteria) - plinths for statues, etc
• On classical buildings, one of the angles of a pediment
• An ornament or a plinth at the apex or the lower angle of a classical pediment
• The pinnacles or other ornaments standing in ranges on the horizontal coping or parapets of a building
• An acroterion or acroterium is an architectural ornament placed on a flat base called the acroter or plinth
• In architecture, decorative pedestal for an ornament or statue placed atop the pediment of a Greek temple