Definitions of “acrospire”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• So called from its spiral form
• The first sprout appearing in the germination of grain
• The beginnings of the plant shoot in germinating barley
• The sprout at the end of a seed when it begins to germinate
• The embryonic barley plant which grows inside the husk during germination
• Acrospire The first shoot or sprout, being spiral, at the end of a germinating seed