Definitions of “acrodont”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• The teeth of some reptiles that have no roots and are joined to the jawbone
• Having the teeth attached to the upper surface of the jaw rather than encased in a socket
• One of a group of lizards having the teeth immovably united to the top of the alveolar ridge
• An animal having teeth consolidated with the summit of the alveolar ridge without sockets
• Acrodont is a formation of the teeth whereby the teeth are consolidated with the summit of the alveolar ridge of the jaw without sockets
• Tooth attachment in some lower vertebrates (mainly fish) in which the teeth rest on the edge of the jaw bone rather than in sockets or alveoli