Definitions of “Acidophilic”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Having an affinity for acid stains
• Acidophilous especially of some bacteria
• Thriving in or requiring an acid environment
• A reference to organisms that thrive in an acidic environment
• Referring to anything that is easily stained with acid dye
• A designation of a microorganism that grows well in a highly acid medium
• A description of any microorganism that can or must live in an acidic environment (pH below 6)