Definitions of “Acidophile”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• An organism that grows well in a highly acid media
• Organism that grows best in acidic conditions
• (histology) An acidophile (or acidophil
• Any organism that grows best under acidic conditions (low pH)
• Describes any microorganism that can or must live in an acidic environment (pH below 6)
• Acidophiles or acidophilic organisms are those that thrive under highly acidic conditions (usually at pH 2