Definitions of “Acidophil”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• An organism that grows well in a highly acid media
• A microorganism that grows well in a highly acidic medium
• One of the acid-staining cells of the anterior pituitary
• An organism that thrives in a relatively acid environment
• Acidophile an organism that thrives in a relatively acid environment
• A structure, cell, or other histologic element staining readily with acidic dyes