Definitions of “accrescent”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Increasing; enlarging, expanding, or enriching
• Increasing in size with age, as the calyx of some plants after flowering
• Increasing; becoming larger after flowering, as the calyx in some plants
• Growing, as floral parts that increase in size after flowering has occurred
• Increasing in size with age, often describing a calyx that expands as the fruit matures
• Increasing in size with age, such as a calyx that continues to grow after the corolla has fallen