Definitions of “Absorbent”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• A substance, a solid or a liquid
• Also called absorption oil
• Any substance possessing such power
• Capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.
• An herb or substance that promotes absorption, soaks up liquid
• (ab-sor´bәnt) able to take in, or suck up and incorporate
• Having the power to absorb, soak up, or incorporate a gas, liquid
• Any substance which absorbs fluids through its sensible or insensible porosity
• Material used to remove carbon dioxide from circuits in which rebreathing occurs
• Having power or capacity or tendency to absorb or soak up (liquids)
A further 6 definitions can be found on Encyclo