Definitions of “absorbance”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• Absorbance is defined as a logarithmic function of the percent transmission of a wavelength of light through a liquid
• This can be used as a measure of the amount of light absorbed by a suspension of bacterial cells or a solution of an organic molecule
• Spectrophotometry log of the ratio of the radiant power of the incident radiation to the radiant power of the transmitted radiation
• The capacity of a substance to absorb radiation, expressed as the common logarithm of the reciprocal of the transmittance of the substance
• In spectroscopy, the absorbance (also called optical density) of a material is a logarithmic ratio of the radiation falling upon a material