Definitions of “Airframe”If the answer you seek is not in the answers above these definitions may help solving your crossword puzzle.
• An aircraft's structure without powerplants or aircraft systems
• The airframe of an aircraft is its mechanical structure
• The structure of an aeroplane without the engine(s)
• The structure of an aircraft, without power plant and systems
• The assembled main structural and aerodynamic components of a vehicle, less propulsion systems
• Basic structure of an airplane or spacecraft excluding its power plant and instrumentation
• The framework and covering of an airplane or rocket (excluding the engines)